I believe every organization, whether for-profit or non-profit, has at least seven key components. Below are common components of any organization’s design.
Please allow me to put you through a little exercise.
- First, can you summarize each of these into concise, clear statements?
- Second, can you give an elevator speech about each of these?
- Third, are these components so much a part of your thinking that they are like second nature?
Well, how did you do? If you find yourself struggling with any of these please reach out to me. I’ll be happy to walk you through them. Below are some resources to help you if you would prefer to tackle these questions and components at your own pace.
- Code: This is who the organization really is.
- Culture: This is what is acceptable and not acceptable in the organization.
- Core Values: These are the key priorities that guide the organization.
- Mission: This is what an organization does.
- Strategic Planning: This is how an organization does their mission.
- Purpose: This is why an organization exists.
- Vision: This is an organization’s desired future state
Ministry Design Resources: