Over the last four blog posts we have discussed the following questions.
- If you had to grade each ministry in your church on how well they are organized how would you score each of them?
- How would you know how to score them?
- What would your “score card” look like?
- What would be key to help you consistently grade the ministries in your church so they can improve and help you make more disciples of Christ?
The next two key elements I would suggest you include in your score card are Your Policies and Procedures.
- These are the rules and regulations for carrying out your programs
- These give your ministry structure
- What are the do’s and don’ts that govern each of your ministries?
- Are your do’s and don’ts helping or hindering the effectiveness and efficiency of each ministry?
- Are your do’s and don’ts helping or hindering efforts to fulfill the purpose of each ministry?
- These are the what and how of each ministry
- These give your ministries their action steps
- These answer the where, when, what, who, why and how of each ministry.
- Again, if you want to know if your procedures are clear and concise ask your staff and volunteers.
- By the way, just because you have them written down and in a manual doesn’t mean anyone remembers them or follows them. This takes an intentional effort from you and your leaders.
Tomorrow we will take a look at two more key elements needed to develop your personalized score card. During the meantime if you want to get a jump-start on developing your own score card click on the links below or give me a call (864-977-1632) if you want one on one coaching.